Thursday, February 15, 2007

Olivia King - Bumped/Updated

I'm bumping this because my cousin is still in need of a liver. Please continue to pray for her and her parents.

As I get back to work in the new year, I have a request for those who might choose to read this blog. My cousin in Atlanta is in dire need of a liver transplant. There is a race against time until her liver fails completely. She's 10 years old and this will be her second transplant in six years. I ask for a couple of things.

First, I ask for your prayers for Olivia. She has spent much of her young life in the hospital and that will not change until she gets a transplant. Right now she is not bad enough to place very high on the transplant list. Unfortunately she has to get more ill to get a higher priority. That breaks my heart but it is a simple fact. Her parents also need your prayers. They have lived lives of little sleep and lots of anxiety.

Second, the family is going to need in the neighborhood of $175,000 for out of pocket expenses for the surgery. They've been through this before and they trust God that he will meet their need as He did the last time. If you are in the Atlanta area, watch for benefit concerts for Olivia King and go. They have lots of friends in the Christian recording industry and they will be having concerts to raise money for Olivia's surgery soon. They are also going to be selling lots of autographed memorabilia on e-bay in the coming weeks. I know that they have received a banner from Amy Grant and something special from Larnelle Harris that will be up for bid. They also have lots of autographed pics that have been donated. When the items go up for sell, I will post links here.

I have been skeptical of similar things on the internet before but when it is a family member it hits home. I'm not asking for any money at this site yet. That may be in the future though. Right now, please pray and watch for an opportunity to help.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home