Friday, July 28, 2006

Come On In and Vote

The federal voting assistance program kicked off this week and the motivational posters are starting to show up in government buildings. This is the one that is right around the corner from my office.


Maybe I have a warped mind or maybe I'm just too sensitive but given the current climate in this country regarding illegal immigration, am I the only one that thinks that this is inappropriate? Just in case some of my fellow blondes (yes what I have left is blonde) don't get it, the poster indicates that regardless of which side of the border you are on, your responsibility is to vote in American elections.

I'm sorry, but I don't want my vote, which is very precious, to be diluted by the votes of non US citizens. We have a hard enough time trying to keep dead people from voting. Is the next thing we see boxes of absentee ballots at the water stations in the Arizona desert? Maybe the minutemen can pass them out as they find groups of illegal crossers.

But let's not limit ourselves to the southern border. We can print ballots in french and send them to our northern neighbors in Montreal too. We wouldn't even have to print anything special to send to most of Canada. Sheesh!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home