Monday, March 19, 2007

We're Not France

I have a solution for this. Get a job that doesn’t offer the opportunity to touch pork, pork products, pork shoulder, or ham. I can appreciate that a person may have immigrated to this country from rough circumstances. I even acknowledge their right, at least in this country, to practice what I consider a contemptible religion. But I cannot and will not conform to those idiosyncratic beliefs as the Minnesota Islamic Center Spokesman suggested. I have chosen not to be employed in a field that would violate my beliefs and I am insulted that they would demand that I capitulate to their warped world view. My suggestion? Get a new job or return to your country of origin. As for me, I just bought a pork skin wallet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home